Saturday 5 March 2011

Welcome to Dining in for Less

Dine in for less - and save £3,000 a year



You might have seen various promotions on television and newspapers about how to save money.

Money saving ideas range from changing your gas and electricity suppliers, getting a part-time job and collecting money-off coupons to making investments in wine and risk-free savings such as higher-rate interest savings accounts.

In my experience, most of these ideas require you to spend money in order to save it or at least spend time changing things, re-organising or spending more time away from your home and family.

But what do you do if you don't have money to spend or time in the first place?


This website and blog is not about all the various alternative ways to save money. What I am concentrating on is taking charge of what you spend in one small area of your family outgoings - food.

I can help show you how to reduce your shopping bill and produce instant savings. This weekend, use my shopping list for the main meals you will be eating over the next seven days.

If you usually spend about £80 a week on your main meals, then I promise you I will save you £55. Yes, at the end of your shop at the local supermarket you will have an extra £55 in your pocket.


Stuff it in the mattress, pop it into your savings account, pay off a chunk of your credit card debt or have a night out in town - whatever. But you will have £55 more than you would have had you done your normal supermarket shop.

I can even save you time - less time in the supermarkets and less time in the kitchen with my simple recipes and menu ideas.


Spring into action now - take a look at my shopping list and go to your local supermarket. My list will give you a guide to the prices - of course they will vary from supermarket to supermarket, but do your best to get near to my prices as you can. However, I do recommend you try to source the items where I have managed to - for example, you will find it hard to beat the price of turkey as available in Morrisons. My shopping list always indicates from which supermarket I have found the product.


It is possible, of course, that you will find some of the items cheaper. If you do - let me know and I'll pass it on. If you spot a real bargain, let me know as well.


Follow me at dininginforless and if you spend £80 a week on family dinners, I will save you £55 a week, £220 a month - £2,860 a year.


If you spend more than that, this blog will save you even more.


My first recipe is published on Monday and we will go through the week together.


Happy shopping!



Georgette x

1 comment:

  1. I've just found your blog and I think it's great!! I plan to follow your menu plan and hopefully save lots of money! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete