Thursday 24 March 2011

3.4 Thursday - Turkey Pasta Bake

OK - so here it is, warts and all, my own attempt at my own recipe - and it went a little wrong because I got embroiled in a rather lengthy phone call with my favourite sister-in-law and ended up singeing the ends of the pasta tubes. 


But hey, I didn't say I was Gordon Ramsay, although he might have been proud of a few of the things I uttered when I realised things did not quite go to plan. My hubby and kids still said it tasted great though, and who am I to argue?

On the other hand, Heston Bluementhal would have been dead proud. I shall tell him I created this using a blowtorch in a wind tunnel.

I just know your versions will be so much better - so the first one to send me a picture of their creation using my recipe will get theirs put up on the website with a nice credit and a lavish thank-you from me.

Turkey pasta bake


Ingredients


Chopped turkey thigh

Onion, chopped
Clove garlic
Thyme
Vegetables
Pasta
2 sp Seasoning
Salt, pinch

(White sauce)


2 sp flour
¼ pint milk
Knob butter

Method


Put on the pasta to boil.

In a frying pan place the chopped turkey together with the seasoning, chopped onion, garlic and thyme and allow to brown and cook.

To make the white sauce, place the milk, flour and butter in a small pan, apply the heat and stir continually until the mixture thickens into a smooth sauce. Season with a pinch of salt. 


In an oven proof dish, place the drained and cooked pasta with the meat, fold in the white sauce until it is evenly covered.

Place in a hot oven for 20 minutes.


Prepare the vegetables and serve. 


This meal appears on Shopping List 3 



Tomorrow: Burger and Potato Wedges

No comments:

Post a Comment